Friday, April 10, 2015

Volunteer Opportunities with Power to Change - Students this summer!

It is with great pleasure that I begin to invite others to join me in reaching the children of Power to Change - Students at our next conference in July! I am so excited to see God move in and through us to bring change to the lives of these children and to join them in their faith adventures!

Power to Change is a ministry with which I have been involved since 2002, when I began studying at University. Through this, the Lord has really gripped my heart for the lost, and demonstrated his Power to Change lives!

Beginning in 2013, I have been helping with the childcare at P2C+, their student conference over the holidays. And this year, I am coordinating the childcare at their two major gatherings. I just love to see the kids thrive in engaging activities and creative play times. I am looking forward to improving on previous experiences to build a really dynamic program.

As per their Abuse Prevention Policies, I need to recruit the equivalent of 6 qualified, full-time volunteers for July 27th-30th. So, I am employing the help of many friends and acquaintances to find people within our networks so that this will become a reality!


Maybe you have an interest in kids and the gospel, maybe a friend or acquaintance, or maybe you could ask a church for volunteers!

Please take a minute to prayerfully consider how you can help me! Leave a comment or sent me a message if you want to join us in this endeavour.


Worker's responsibilities:
- constantly modelling and sharing your faith
- morning prayer meetings, set-up and clean-up
- ensuring a safe and inclusive environment for all children
- teaching lessons and leading activities in an engaging and powerful way, where the children learn by engaging with the message
- guiding outdoor and gymnasium activities and sports
- Anyone in the nursery will need to change diapers and bottle-feed babies

Requirements:
Before June 1st - 
- be free from July 27th to July 30th (OBO) in the Hamilton area
- Have at least one staff/church reference
- Sign the Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct form
Optionally: French is an asset; Male workers an asset

Once completed:
- Complete Abuse Prevention training (online, about 2hrs)
- We will complete a criminal record check - with Vulnerable Sector
- Sign a covenant of care statement


Thanks for your consideration :)

No comments: