Saturday, February 14, 2015

Sharing God's heart for Montreal

One of the few things that can bring me to tears is transformed lives in Quebec. Many times during concerted prayer for this province, I have become very emotional. It is often unexpected, but I just feel God move my heart to greater compassion for this under-evangelized people group.

Therefore, one thing that I am excited to sacrifice my time for is helping to host a group of 60 Ontarian students and staff with Power to Change - Students doing ministry here during their Spring Break! Karrie and I have agreed to house two students in our small two-bedroom apartment, but I would be sad if we hadn't.

God has called these individuals to come now, for such a time as this, and I am excited to be able to share my story and heart with them, and to see their passion grow. I won't be teaching, or leading, but the goal of my involvement is to share parts of me and God's heart for this city. And I am excited!


  • I pray that God will give me the opportunity to pray for some of these students and staff, to be open and vulnerable with what is on my heart and what I sense the Lord is saying for them. This is a step of faith because vulnerable is never easy!
  • I pray for those who have been gifted with a knowledge of French but are rusty and intimidated by speaking with Francophones about spiritual things! I have certainly been there, and if I get to join them on campus I will feel at least a wee bit of trepidation, but God is able to use our efforts and even impart knowledge!
  • I pray that God will lay a burden and joy on a few students' hearts to come to Montreal next year, as students or interns. I trust God that this investment will build momentum in the ministries and reach many students on their spiritual journeys.
  • And I pray that God will change many lives forever, specifically I believe that some will come to saving faith in Jesus Christ!


Please join me in prayer!

No comments: